• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Furry wood!

Tucker90

Anyone suggest a shrimp safe treatment for furry wood?

Been in 2 weeks, scrubbed twice and still furry Driving me mad.

Thanks

Edit*** I did mean to put furry not fury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is no treatment, it’s a fungus that is being fed by the wood. It’s supposed to go away with time. You can get otto’s or algae eating shrimp to help it disappear faster. However, there is no chemical solution. If you keep scrubbing it will continue to come back so let it run it’s course. It’s ugly as hell I feel your pain. I’m just starting to get rid of mine and it’s been a month +

There is no treatment, it’s a fungus that is being fed by the wood. It’s supposed to go away with time. You can get otto’s or algae eating shrimp to help it disappear faster. However, there is no chemical solution. If you keep scrubbing it will continue to come back so let it run it’s course. It’s ugly as hell I feel your pain. I’m just starting to get rid of mine and it’s been a month +

Thank you for the reply. That would be why I can’t find any then!

I soaked the wood for over a month, and boiled it, never had it this bad before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always used Malaysian wood, never had fungus issues. I tried spiderwood for the first time and fungus galore. Just keep sucking out what you can just don’t scrub, that will expose fresh wood and the process starts all over if that makes sense

Don’t scrub it!

Otos will hate you, put a fish bounty on your head. Such are fish grunges, triggered upon remove of their buffet spread.

Just chill; it’ll go away, soon.

Back