• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fungus or BBA

D787C1CF-CF9F-4333-AC95-534C58712FB5.jpeg
BDA60A60-36C3-4E4C-ABA8-E91AF0005756.jpeg
BA840E8A-B7F7-4C37-84D1-47386B7EF106.jpeg
BBDCA135-6589-42BB-84BF-C6B4DB0415A8.jpeg
I have been having issues with my driftwood and the fungal outbreak that ensues. I have brown, opaque, and black stuff all over it. I’m assuming the brown is dying bacterial growth and the opaque is the still thriving bacteria. The black has me a little confused. I’ve had BBA in the past, but I just don’t remember it looking like this. Notice the little black specs on the wood and the flowing black lush tufts. Any insight would be appreciated. I’ve never had this fungus garbage with other woods before so this is new to me. This tank has pretty much crashed due to my lack of maintenance and at this point I’m just letting the driftwood run it’s ugly course before I revamp. I just want to know what this black stuff is and if it is BBA I want to get rid of it. Thanks

Nice furry BBA.

Prepare Agent Orange, a.k.a Excel (hydrogen peroxide works too, but me like Excel, smells good!)

Syringe, loaded and ready, sir!

Supersonic bomber, ready for takeoff...

Die BBA, dieeeeeeeee!

Indeed, the fungus appears to finally be subsiding but the BBA is coming right back after sucking it out. Since my tank crashed, I plan to stop CO2 injection indefinitely until the BBA dies off. I’ve also been reading many posts correlating BBA presence in high flow areas. So I may have to reposition my outflow to combat this as well.

Hi @Mr.Shenanagins

It looks like you don't have many plants in the tank. Which plants do you have? If your plants can handle reduced lighting, is this perhaps an option to consider? It won't help with the fungus but it should reduce the growth of BBA. Do you have any fish, shrimps or snails in your tank?

JPC

Hi @Mr.Shenanagins

It looks like you don't have many plants in the tank. Which plants do you have? If your plants can handle reduced lighting, is this perhaps an option to consider? It won't help with the fungus but it should reduce the growth of BBA. Do you have any fish, shrimps or snails in your tank?

JPC

I only have one crypt, some epiphytes, and Pygmy chain that is doing subpar. My lighting is already at 20% and has been for over a week and BBA doesn’t care lol. So CO2 has been shut off and I’ll be ordering some glut to help eradicate but also feed what I have left

Back