• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Full Clean or not?

I bought a Sera 130 UV+ filter a while ago and sadly it has never been as quiet as my Tera External. It’s been running for a few months now though and it’s become quite a bit quieter. I have cleaned it out once but left the impeller and shaft alone. I’m wondering if this is best left alone during cleaning to maintain the relative silence?! Do you folks always clean everything thoroughly like I used to do or do you just clean the filter materials?

I clean all my FX4 media once a month in tank water and then clean the impeller every other month (with my bazooka atomiser).

Filter floss get replaced each week, filters and media get cleaned once a month, hoses when I can be bothered.

Normally clean FX6 weekly, however have not clean my DIY CO2 reactors or inline atomisers in well over 12 months 🤫 they are post filter. Cleaning my DIY CO2 reactors or inline atomisers could result in a leak and the pH drop is fine so IMO don't fix what isn't broke :thumbup:

However a UV+ filter needs the glass cleaning otherwise the water doesn't get zapped by the UV. My UV filter doesn't get cleaned as I dont have one or see the need for one

Back