• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fuel Protest petition

Ed Seeley

Hi guys,
Whatever your views on global warming and pollution from cars everyone here I'm sure relies on fossil fuel transport to an extent. As such we are all paying through the nose thanks to ridiculouslly high tax on fuel, coupled with various world political situations...

As such there is an online petition to sign to to complain about it. I've signed and if you want to protest at the ridiculous cost of petrol then sign up too.

Reduce Fuel Duty

I've signed it!

This government have taxed everything and everyone so much, and then they say people aren't putting enough into pensions! Time to give the Tory's another go I say.

Over here fuel is €1.15 per litre atm (about 82p) petrol and diesel are a very similar price per litre, diesel is usually only a cent or two cheaper. Although over here we pay about 1/3 more for new cars than the UK because the government have a special exemption from the EU for adding extra tax on new cars (called VRT). So they get you one way or another I guess no matter where you live.

We do not have congestion charging here yet, only a matter of time though, and they have just introduced a carbon tax on cars with poor CO2 emission rates.

How much is fuel in the UK atm.

Back