• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frustrated... HELP!

oliverar

Hi, I am trying to set up a yeast co2. I have got a mixture that is producing it well! I have got co2 tubing and my diffuser, I have set it all up, but I can't make it work, I can make it all leak proof but then it start's to siphon the water out of my tank, so I have got a 1 way flow regulator thing, if you know what I mean? It basically mean's that the water can only flow one way through it, but when I put that in, all the sealant goes, because the 1 way flow thing need's more pressure for the co2 to go through than just the pipe, so what I need help with is, how to stop the water syphoning out of the tank and how to seal it best? I have tried melted wax, blue tack, sellotape, and plumbers mait.

I thought of that, but then I thought, if I wanted to use some of that stuff in a different system, then I can't, but it is a last resort!

get a 2ltr coke bottle.drill a hole in the lid/cap.stick the co2 tube in the hole and superglue around the tube.

he's using a JBL spiral diffuser,so no pressure.i think its the non return valve thats causing the pressure problem,which i know works ;) .

Okay nelson
Your probably correct then if its a JBL spiral he is using.
Does he need a check valve?
I suppose it depends where the bottle is situated......?
I had one of those dennerle plastic co2 bottles years ago i cant remember it having a check valve?
hoggie

probably not if the bottle isn't lower than the tank.or keep it higher until it gets going.

ok then, so just have the bottle at the same level as the tank until it gets going, right? I will try again today!

oliverar said:
ok then, so just have the bottle at the same level as the tank until it gets going, right? I will try again today!

:thumbup:
Yep or above if possible.
hoggie

Ok, great, have used super glue, I now have the co2 below the tank where I wanted it, and it is all working perfectly!

Back