• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

FRESHWATER NATURAL AQUARIUM DOCUMENTARY

Wow! Great site.

Love the photos of aquatic plants in their natural habitat in particular. Inspirational.

He has contacted me on how did I found out the video, so I will point him to this forum. Hopefully he will join and share his knowledge with us.

If the video is as good as the preview, I will buy more copies, it is a good material to use at schools.

Thanks,

Just got the dvd, took a while to get here, but well worth the wait.

It is impressive to see the habitats, the underwater scenes are truly amazing, and a really good find.

I contacted him and he has told me that they organize trips as well, so I may do it, sooner rather than later.

Go ahead and buy the DVD, you will not regret it.

Thanks Luis for your opinion. I'am now sure 100% that I will buy this movie, before I was sure only 95% 😀 .

Edit: Done 😀 .

Great.

The video is great, and leaves you wanting for more. It runs at 45 minutes. I have contacted the guy asking for prices for a guided expedition, as this is something that I would like to do.

Hi
I've recived my copy last weekend and it is a great documentary indeed just wish it could be 4 hours long not 45 minutes 🙂 .
Recomended :thumbup: .

Unfortunately HM Custom charged me Vat on top of the price as an import from outside EU.

Isn't is amazing the amount of algae on those rivers? 🙂

I have contacted the producer to see if he could do a guided tour, and the response has been "yes", so this is something that I would attempt next year, pending spare funds. 🙂

I will have days on the environment, and will take a head cam, and film to my hearts content. 🙂

Isn't is amazing the amount of algae on those rivers? 🙂

So what the fuss about algae fighting in natural aquarium? 🙂 On IAPLC, judges should add special points for nice display of algae in the tank, as it is very natural 😉 :lol: .

Guided tour like this can't be cheap so probably I will not join you unless will decide to sell a car or some other similar thing :? .
If you will be lucky enough to be on the tour next year, than film everything and put together UKaps documentary 🙂 I will buy it for sure :thumbup: .

Edit: And there will be not additional vat charge 🙂 😉

Does anyone know what can be the cost of trip like this ?
By end of a day still can be worth to pay some extra cash on something like this as for sure You will never forgot what You saw

It is quite cheap, $300 a day, up to three people,so $100 per person.

I have emailed him and the response is below:

Ivan Mikolji <info@mikofish.com>
to GhostSword <ghostsword@gmail.com>
date 10 May 2010 13:56
subject RE: Item #FNADVD - Notification of Payment Received from Luis (ghostsword@gmail.com)

10 May

Hi Luis,

We have 3 other dvds like the Freshwater natural Aquarium dvd. They are the Piranha 1 DVD, Morichal Largo River DVD and the Wolf fish dvd. They are for sale at aquatic-experts. They are not as professionally edited or filmed as the FNA dvd but they have spectacular footage.

I organize snorkeling trips to the sites of the FNA dvd al year long. As a nonprofit Organization we charge $300 a day (up to 3 people for the same price) including transportation, gear (video and photographic) so you take home your own footage and pics. The fee also includes myself as a guide and I pay for my expenses. Your expenses here are covered by yourself or all the people that come.

All the $ that is made is put directly into the Foundation.

Ivan

I have to say 100$ for day sounds really good as the guy know area well looks like Your trip will be like a dream. Experience not to forget :thumbup:

Well it looks like there is something to think about. Probably flight to Venezuela and back could be the most expensive part of the trip.

Back