• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Frankenstein

Courtneybst

This tank looks great got to love a nano then stems filling in nicely and montecarlo is one you will have to wait hopefully growns back great stunning nano mate

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Cheers Deano, yeah it definitively is a waiting game!

shangman

Looks great, seems like everything is growing in beautifully, can't wait to see more shots of it!! Very intrigued by what colours you'll get with the rotala blood red without the effort of nitrate fiddling.

Courtneybst

Looking Great, can't wait to see this matured, where did you manage to get some blood red from? Been after it for ages!
Thanks Ash, likewise!

I got the blood red off eBay but the seller appears to have stopped selling it. If they don't restock I can put some cuttings up when it gets bushy enough. 🙂 Mind you, they'll be small because the tank is tiny haha.

One thing I've noticed though is that Dennis Wong was right, even without nitrate limitation the plant is turning pink and my H'Ra looks green/orange at best. Even pictures don't show it properly.

Courtneybst

My ludwigia is doing the same thing. Really difficult to capture on camera. I've read that this is due to light intensity, at least for the ludwigia. I imagine as it grows taller and receives more PAR it's likely to deepen in the uppermost leaves.
I agree, although I wish I had a par meter to get a bloody reading lol. I'm basically having to take a holistic approach to lighting.