• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Untitled Yet 300L optiwhite (19/02 pics and video)

I think somehow the embed option should show it here. Am i right?

Or is it the thing to just put on your website into the html code?

I promise to get into editing once i get 7d and manual control over exposure and you wount hear my horrible comments anymore but a nice music instead :hilarious:

Sorted both, was easier than i thought, apparently you just have to post the link :hilarious:
Enjoy:

Ok there is another one on youtube:

Probably youtube is slightly better as gives you more option on what res to look.
Shame i cant watch my own HD video in best quality :D

Awesome videos, the tank looks stunning!
The plant growth looks really healthy :D

Couple of questions if i may:

1. Are you using any extra lighting for the videos apart from the tank lighting?
2. Whats your secret to healthy hair grass?
3. What ferts are you dosing? :geek:

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Cheers

Andyh

Thanks Andy

1) No, that was filmed just with 2x39T5 lights. It is how 500d wants to show it to you on auto video. You cannot adjust anything in video mode on that camera unfortunately.
2) Dont know the secret. First time i am growing it acutally.
3)Dosing EI and do not worry too much. Mixing 2l bottle for 2 month using NutriCalc calculator and adding about 50ml of all in one solution daily. Do not mesure it precisely as well. Just aproximately.

Piece-of-fish said:
I would like to add some moss on wood instead of fisidens. Maybe weeping one?
Oh, yes. Weeping moss is beautiful. Quite slow though. Java or Xmas moss are also very nice, and attached themselves easier.

Piece-of-fish said:
Heard good things about Tobis ferts as well but cant afford it for such a big tank :( Dosing EI
You can mix your own Spezial-N. I don't know why but this stuff is working wonders in my tank. The hairgrass in particular has a new lease of life - much greener and generally more healthy-looking.

Here's the recipe, courtesy of Tobi -

for one liter water add :

25,9 g potassiumnitrate
29,5 g calciumnitrate
17,6 g magnesiumnitrate
5 g urea

That will add 1 ppm NO3, 0,2 ppm K, 0,1 ppm Ca and 0,033 ppm Mg using 1 ml per 50 l tankwater.

Piece-of-fish said:
Also got manfrotto tripod yesterday and fell in love with it straight away. What a difference after cheap hama :)
Thanks again for your kind words.
Congrats! An often overlooked piece of kit that makes life so much easier!

Ed! where's the algae.... :lol:

well mate, this looks incredible! It appears there's not too much wrong with London water.

remember what we were talking about...London-Midlands? looks like London wins :lol:

George Farmer said:
The hairgrass in particular has a new lease of life - much greener and generally more healthy-looking.

Same observation from me also. It's a different plant with these ferts.

Tony Swinney said:
Your tank is looking beautiful :) Nice to see a video of it too - I've got to get on with shooting a video or two :thumbup:

That hairgrass carpet is one of the best I've seen. What is you water supply like ? Are you using RO ?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony. No RO, just hard tap London water. I will give your MA tank a visit when it grows in a bit more definitely. Fan of your hardscapes ;) Mb we can meet there when you will do maintenance one day.

George Farmer said:
Oh, yes. Weeping moss is beautiful. Quite slow though. Java or Xmas moss are also very nice, and attached themselves easier.

If java and xmas attaches better will use one of them then.
Thanks a lot for the recipe. Will definitely try it.

Mark Evans said:
Ed! where's the algae.... :lol:
Hehe. I think it felt your aura Mark. Was looking for a while into the tank when we got back. Could not understand what has changed? I suddenly understood there was no hair algae anymore :lol:

Maybe my miracle crazy mans mix under the akadama is doing something?
Used a combination of JBL ferropol, worm castings, moss peat, some osmocote and some bone meal all mixed with lava gravel. So called DIY powersand.

LondonDragon said:
Looks awesome Ed, looking forward to seeing this on Sunday ;)

Thanks Paulo...
So you are coming, not working?

Well you can always visit my office where the tank is. That would be east London. And we are actually having a meet this weekend on Sunday ;)

Blimey Ed,don't know how I have missed this,What a stunning setup,one thing I do agree with before you replant at the back is trim how George suggested,this may give you the look you want,have you got your 7d yet,I love mine it's a great camera,if you want any help with settings just pm me ,

John

Thanks a lot John...
Have not got it yet, some savings have to be done :)
Hopefully before we go to vivarium i will have it...

Piece-of-fish said:
Thanks Paulo...
No word of the engineer coming onsite till today so will be to late to get the changes approved for this weekend, so I will be there ;)

LondonDragon said:
Piece-of-fish said:
Thanks Paulo...
No word of the engineer coming onsite till today so will be to late to get the changes approved for this weekend, so I will be there ;)

Good news indeed.

finally got to see this today................................... :woot: .

nelson said:
finally got to see this today................................... :woot: .
Ditto, what an amazing tank, Edward has done an excellent job with this, those stems are to die for and great carpet. :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: :wave: :wave: photos and videos don't do it justice.

Back