• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Found this creature in my tank

confusedman

As per the title, I found this thing while cleaning my tank.
Please tell me is a sort of spider that fell there and nothing that lived in there. I am horrified
20210328_163941.jpg

:eek: That’s creepy! Hoping I will never find this thing in mine 🤣

As above, it seems to me to be a larval (maybe even a nymph) of some dragonfly style monster.

Yes, it looks like a dragonfly nymph. They eat shrimps and even small fish, so, depending of what you keep in the tank, it needs to go and you might want to look out for any more.
If you have a pond or a water butt you could put it in there.

God. It's like we have been cursed or something. We had the tank for two months today and everything wrong that could have happened has actually happened.
Where tf might this thing have arrived from? I mean, how did it get in the tank?

Is there any chance that there are many? I am freaking out
Arachnophobia? Yes, there is a chance you have more of them in the tank or just the one you have. Generally, they are considered as pests in tanks but I do not whether they have any benefits and they have tendency to eat smaller fish such in fish fry. I would be also freaked out, I once tried doing closed ecosphere and I had two of them but they looked different. One of them jumped out and dried out, I was freaked out and left it there until I had to take down the vase. It looked terrifying.

Back