1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

Dismiss Notice

Forum pic limitations

Discussion in 'Technical/Help' started by Aqua360, 28 Jan 2017.

1. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

Hi all,

Does anyone else have problems uploading pics? Anything I upload seems too large unless I crop it way down, which means taking a picture from quite a distance and losing detail. Minor quibble, but I haven't been able to share any worthwhile pictures in ages, is fine on other forums though.

Pics are from my phone, no camera or professional equipment

2. papa_cee

papa_cee Member

Best way to resize the original is to use MS paint or similar, I had this issue, image was taken and resized to 20% seemed to work for me, all detail was retained.

3. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

If you running windows then use this tool: http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

After you install it, just right click on photo and choose resize, then upload the smaller photos, simple ;)

PARAGUAY likes this.
  4. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

I use my phone pretty much exclusively, only use my work PC for a quick skive now and again; can't upload photos from there lol

5. hogan53

hogan53 Global Moderator Staff Member

Aqua360 likes this.
  6. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

7. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Use Tapatalk.

8. ricreis394

ricreis394 Newly Registered

What I normally do is upload the original image to imgur.com, then I copy the link of "Huge thumbnail". Imgur resizes that for me. It adds a "h" at the end of the link and add .jpg
    oLnFDNXh.jpg

Tip: Create an account and you have all your images uploaded there.

LondonDragon likes this.