• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Forum has been upgraded

I can't see any difference?
Note: my screenshot is from a 4K screen shrunk down to 1080p.
Got one of the mods to test on his 4K screen and reports back that it looks fine, let me know if that is the case

It happened to me too. I think the issues is that when you use google to register, it creates an ukaps account for you. You can't then use google to log in again. You can request password reset for your gmail and log with that.
The actual integration was broken after the upgrade, I had to create a new developers key for it in the end, which was a quick fix ;)

I assume you made the font bigger. It looks better but there’s still a lot of space between the left and right side of listings. I can live with it though.
The forum is responsive, so you can just change your browser to any width and it will adapt to that. I have made it to not expand over 1920 pixels (24"/1080 standard res) so that at least you can view it full size on a 24" screen, looks fine on my 27" and usually I don't run browser at full screen anyway since have multiple applications open all the time.

Can always add the sidebar to the forum list too?

Great Job Paulo!

And thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this forum updated and running xx

Hi Paulo,

Is there any chance we can be notified if someone comments on a thread we've posted even if they haven't tagged us in it?
Sometimes i have to manually search for the post and find replies i haven't seen.
Not a big issue but i think it would help

Cheers, James

@LondonDragon

Can you make it an option so not everyone has to have it? That might be best.
Can you make it an option so not everyone has to have it? That might be best.
It's a global change, I have asked the question to Xenforo, can we have various widths selection on the Style, rather than having lots of styles with different widths, otherwise when making a change have to do it on all the styles and becomes a nightmare to manage!

Hi Paulo,

Is there any chance we can be notified if someone comments on a thread we've posted even if they haven't tagged us in it?
Sometimes i have to manually search for the post and find replies i haven't seen.
Not a big issue but i think it would help

Cheers, James

@LondonDragon
Yeah, that is built in to the forum. At the top of every thread there is a "Watch" button.

watch01.PNG

Click on that, then select how you want to be notified, either an alert pops up on the bell next to your name at the top or send you an email.

watch02.PNG

1 - Just alerts or email aswell.
2 - click watch after slection to activate it. To stop it just go back to the top and click on "Unwatch".

Alerts will show here:

watch03.PNG

You can also set up alerting on your profile perferences, but that will be global, if you want that by default to all the threats you start or participate on.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Have been making a few changes this evening here and there specially to the way media is embeded and how it integrates with the forum, if you spot anything odd please let me know :) overall should make for a better user experience :)

Have been making a few changes this evening here and there specially to the way media is embeded and how it integrates with the forum, if you spot anything odd please let me know :) overall should make for a better user experience :)

Hi Paul,

If you look at the post #17 in the following thread the photo I uploaded from my iPhone rotated when attached to the forum. It's never done this before? Photo taken in portrait on iPhone and looks normal until on forum.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/my-experience-using-a-jaboa-3-4-doser.61717/

Hi Paul,

If you look at the post #17 in the following thread the photo I uploaded from my iPhone rotated when attached to the forum. It's never done this before? Photo taken in portrait on iPhone and looks normal until on forum.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/my-experience-using-a-jaboa-3-4-doser.61717/
That is to do with how phones insert metadata into the pictures, the forum software can read this metadata that is embeded into the photo and adjust accordingly, not really an issue with the forum, but an incorrect tag by the phone.

at the bottom of the post you should see a Rotate button:

rotate.JPG

Click on it then you can adjust the photo orientation!

Paulo

That is to do with how phones insert metadata into the pictures, the forum software can read this metadata that is embeded into the photo and adjust accordingly, not really an issue with the forum, but an incorrect tag by the phone.

at the bottom of the post you should see a Rotate button:

View attachment 152445
Click on it then you can adjust the photo orientation!

Paulo

Thank you Paulo, that's very helpful.

I assume I cannot rotate this actual photo now, as the post is no longer open for editing, but I will use this in the future.

Thank you Paulo, that's very helpful.

I assume I cannot rotate this actual photo now, as the post is no longer open for editing, but I will use this in the future.
Post should be open for editing! Changed the permissions for that earlier in the week!

Well in that case I don't understand. I can rotate using the tool, but when I click "Go back to post" nothing has changed.
Some weird image you uploaded there, I have fixed it for you! ;)

Back