• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Foreground fast growing plants

Planted Bows

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of help looking for fast growing foreground plants.

At the moment I have alot of anubius which is causing some tds issues as I know these are slow growers so don't use much nutrients.

I'm currently injecting co2 and dosing the Ei dry salts method.

My question is what plant could I use that's a fast grower that requires more nutrients than anubius. Ideally I would like to try plant them between the hardscape in there like I have with the anubius. I have attached a few pictures below of my tank.

Any help would be great
DSC_0139.JPG
DSC_0137.JPG

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

A dwarf eleocharis grass or lilaeopsis sp would work and are faster growers than anubias but not super fast. Sagittaria sabulata would also do a good job and does spread fast.

Cryptocoryne parva is also a nice one that would fit in well with what you already have.

I do like the look of the Parva tbh. I think would replace the anubius quite well. thinking about a carpet at the front too.

The brigjt green, fast-growing, carpeting plant 'Monte Carlo' might work for you. A bit more light-demanding, than your current plants, but really not that difficult.
Limnophila sessiliflora is a VERY easy and fast-growing stem-plant, not needing very high levels of light. You could incorporate these bright green stems at the very back. The fast growth means it will be consuming fertilisation faster than your slow-growing plants and that it will need constant trimming.

I was thinking MC tbh. I've had brilliant results before from this light but that was on a 30cm cube where as this is a 40cm cube. Gonna look into this plant now :)

I was thinking MC tbh. I've had brilliant results before from this light but that was on a 30cm cube where as this is a 40cm cube. Gonna look into this plant now :)

MC is actually quite adaptive. If it grow brilliant before, it will likely just grow a bit slower now......

I'm not liking the look of the Limnophila sessiliflora, as it's more of a background plant and i already have some decent stem plants. Thining about removing most of the anubius for dwarf sag?

Back