• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Folly of the Pipefish

This will be going up for sale soon, as going to a Big family reunion in december(7weeks). And don't trust any of the family to look after this.

Come to its End - but being reborn

This has been torn down.
Found Hundreds of Cherry shrimp in amongst the moss and Mulm.
Lots of Malayan have survived, and lots of Nice big bee shrimp. Found a few Large Wild cherry shrimp that are berried, so is nice.
Am i right in thinking if the eyes are bright white, then they are blind. A found a few cherries with such bright white eyes.

Lowered the LED Strip light down into the water,
Removed the heater, as I turned it off in the summer and the water has remained at around 22. Helps that the Central heating pipes run under and along the length of the tank.
Tunred off the external, as not needed for such a low bioload. the plants will take care of it for now.
Lowered the level of the water to 3inches.
Replanted all the Four Leaf Clover, and dwarf sag, hair grass, and stems that I had in there.
Added another Hair Grass Mound to the tank, In this one i mixed in alot of stems, and lots of little shoots popping thru the layers. Placed it in one corner, and should see some interesting growth from it. It is kind of like the wabi ball idea, but alot looser. Has worked very well for me, since trying it out for the CRS Bowl.
Left the Java Moss, Willow Moss that has already attached itself to the bogwood alone, and added a few more bits to the larger peices.
There is alot of IAL in the tank, so have left that in there for the shrimp and snails.
Removed the Chilli rasboras and Pygmy FW BBG and added them to the CRS Bowl. As wanted to keep them.
Left the Apple snails, Nerites, Ramshorns, Pond, MTS in there. As the MTS will stop any pockets building in the sand. And Hopefully have a few more apple snail broods in the next couple of months.
I do have a few Assassins in there to control overall numbers of snails, but they do leave the nerites and apples alone.

As their are no fish in the main tank now, have set it up for my Marble SB HMPK betta pair, and the male loves it in there, as the water is stained with IAL and it is murky.

Checked on it just now, and it is quite humid inside it. and little boy came running to ask why there were all the water went. explained to him where the fish are staying for a while, and what is in the tank now.

Was going to strip down the Paradise fish tank, but found that they have hatched another brood with both male and female present. Male was not aggressive towards the female at all, and not a single nip on her finnage. Have taken her out though and letting her rest, although she is still eggy. Seems to be alot of fry, so will add them to the main tank when they are a bit bigger.

wonders never cease to amaze me with my wifey. she has fallen in love with dwarf lopp eared rabbits at a friends last night. and says the space where the tank is would be perfect for a nice enclosure for a rabbit for the little one.
must convince her that there are other locations in the house that would better suit a bunny.

I had a dwarf rabbit as a house rabbit a long time ago. It was a vicious little git and would attack friends, that came to the house, with tooth and claw. Add to that the chewed through cables and wood skirting. Never again!!!!Some of the larger breeds are more docile, failing that make sure its a girl :D Rats make far better pets for children and the boys are more chilled than the girls.....

I have also kept house rabbits... you have to bear in mind that rabbits need to be neutered if you want a happy bunny!! They will always chew certain things but as soon as the instinct to breed is removed they will be placid & friendly.
We keep house ferrets now, quite the opposite pet in some ways but huge fun!

cheers guys, I have had rabbits before when I was younger in this house. might try and convince her on some other small animal.
Although once dad hears she has given the ok for a pet, he will want a bulldog or bassett hound. Me I would prefer A Mastiff as love those big luggs of a dog. brother in law keeps a few different breeds of them, ATM he has Sivas Kangals. I do think they are a little tooo intimidating for the uk as such BIG beast of a dog.

Back