• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval spec 19l appears to be leaking

Halley

Hi - I have a fluval spec which I bought new 9 months ago. However, I did a water change yesterday and now water is appearing at the bottom which must be a leak. What should I do? Advice appreciated
3bc1ab129910fa56f39b01b443546599.jpg
d2097390c8a92612ed389140f860c9c6.jpg
d2097390c8a92612ed389140f860c9c6.jpg
3bc1ab129910fa56f39b01b443546599.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Tim, contact the shop and either try to get a refund or replacement. The seems should have a decent warrantee so it's worth making fluvial aware of the issue straight away.

Thanks guys - it’s very surprising it’s leaking. I was hoping it was some water trickling down. Not sure if the shop will take it back without receipt.

Livestok and plants can survive in a rainbarrel or plastic pond

I’m treating the tank for white spot atm. I have other tanks but can’t transfer til whitespot gone. It’s a very slow leak - took 5 hours to get that water in pictures.

Thanks - the joys of fishkeeping!

First leak I’ve seen
And I’ve seen some that are pretty bashed about

You might check for your bank or cc statement and offer in lieu of receipt, though if you’re a regular customer at the shop they may be able to sort things even if you paid cash

If your tank has a date stamp showing it’s manufacture within the warranty period, Fluval should replace without question

Sometimes (ofttimes?) manufacturer’s are more responsive to shop backed inquiries, so I’d begin there

Last edited:
We have contacted Hagen Fluval recently (April) without needing to involve the retailer and they resolved our problem.

Back