• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Roma T8 replacement

Durins

Hello all,
Recently purchased a great condition used Roma 240, however it is the older model with the 2 T8 tubes attached for lighting, specifically they are "Aqua-Glo 40w". This will be my first "big" tank and have a fully planned idea on hardscape and heavy planting etc. With that in mind is there are tubes I can use that are good for plants or is it better (and possible) to replace the lights with an led bar etc. I have eyed up the Fluval Plant 3.0 but as I wasn't sure on the model of the Roma I am now unsure of being able to fit. Is it possible to just remove the center panel and mount the light there or am I missing something?

For more info I am planning to plant easy/medium rated plants including ferns, anubias, ludwigia, myriophyllum, limnophila, echinodorus, crypts and rotala. Not a final list but definitely most. Tank will use soil, nutribase and sand, have TNC ferts and I might dabble in the addition of thr disposable co2 cans to test out the effects.

I should add I would need to keep it covered or non accessible as I have 2 cats that could possibly get on top and rather not lose fish or a cat. Thanks for any help in advance!

I should add I've also been looking into Twinstar, more specifically the 120g as the 1200sa is out of budget.

Back