• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Plant 3.0 low tech settings

Muso1981

Hi Everyone,

I've got a Fluval Roma 240 and the plant 3.0 light. Can anyone recommend the best settings with this light for low tech?

I've included my current settings which are ok but I'm starting to get the dreaded black beard algae.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-145911.png
    Screenshot_20211128-145911.png
    898.7 KB · Views: 1,716
Ignore Mr pascoe.... the plant 3 in a roma 240 will be putting about 70/80/ par at substrate, at 50%, well do the maths, I'd suggest you put the lights at 20% to 25 % and then increase if needed.

Could be wrong, and I don't have a youtube channel, but I do have experience with fluval tanks.. and fluval lights.

Low tech, low light.. its the future 😀

Edited on realisation you probably have the 46w fixture not the 59w.

Last edited:
Thank you John, so would that be set everything to 20%? How about photoperiod?

I'd watched the Bentley Pascoe videos but didn't really follow it to be honest.

I think mines about 30% (not close enough to connect atm) - and I have a slow ramp up/down. I think I picked a pre-set I liked the colour tone of then reduced them all down proportionately.

I'd suggest 15/30min ramp up, 15/30min ramp down, duration at 8hrs seems fine, you could live on the edge and up it to 9hrs.
Channel settings?? What looks good to you, this is my setting based on looks (aquasky 2.0) so only 4 channels.
Screenshot_20211128-192156_FluvalSmart.jpg

Thanks John, I've just set everything to 30% let's see what happens.

Something Pascoe mentioned I'd that Blue light can cause Algae, I've read this a few places too. There's so much information out there it's confusing and everyone seems to be an expert!

Thanks John, I've just set everything to 30% let's see what happens.

Something Pascoe mentioned I'd that Blue light can cause Algae, I've read this a few places too. There's so much information out there it's confusing and everyone seems to be an expert!
For what it's worth, knocking off the blue light altogether seemed to help my minor BBA problem

I can't help but think that Blue light promotes algae growth. When I altered my settings at the beginning of the week and set everything to 25% in two days I had algae on the front glass which isn't something I was getting with my previous settings.
So I've changed my settings back to what they were before.

Maybe I keep the blue light low and reduce the other colours to help with the BBA which seems to be spreading?

Back