• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Fluval Flex 57L

Sorry, the sand is going on tropica growth substrate so it'll be staying there :thumbup:

I just didn't know if it might go a bit mouldy or horrible if it was left for a few days.

So I think for planting wise I might go with the following and I know I'm pushing my luck with some of them :lol:

Echinodorus bleheri (Amazon Sword) x 1
Hygrophila Pantanal Wavy x 1
Bucephalandra Red x 1
Marsilea Hirsuta Tissue Culture - Tropica 1-2 Grow! x 1
Hygrophila pinnatifida x 1
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Tropica x 1

The Echinodorus bleheri (Amazon Sword) will totally take over the tank once it gets established.

I had one in a sort of practice tank I've got and had to remove it as it blocked all the light out the leaves ended up being about 2" inches wide and about 18" tall.

If your looking for a tall background plant I've got Crytocoryne Crispatula in my flex.

Sorry, the sand is going on tropica growth substrate so it'll be staying there :thumbup:

I just didn't know if it might go a bit mouldy or horrible if it was left for a few days.

It should be ok, Just make sure the tank lid is off to allow a bit of air flow

Well I got the tank setup.... It was a bit of struggle, the plants took a bit of a beating during shipping and I had a cracking headache that made me want to puke.....
I'll be doing a water change tomorrow and tweaking a few bits then Monday I'll start the EI dosing and turn the light up to full!

I ordered a nice glass diffuser but I think I stupidly ordered one too big for the tank as it took too much gas to diffuse it properly so put the bazooka I had in there.

Attachments

• 20190406_171706.jpg
    20190406_171706.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 300
Hi everyone. Thanks for this thread, quite useful as i am thinking about buying a flex.
Could you help me out and share the glass thickness of the tank? I've heard it's really thin and potentially not safe which i would find strange from such a reputable brand as fluval but if you could comment i would really appreciate it
Thanks

Back