• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fluval edge led light bar

tim

managed to get the light bar from the 46ltr edge to replace the halogens on my old 23 ltr some pics of new lights for any edge owners out there
7289921022_8d3300b09e.jpg

the light bar,made my kitchen look like wembley stadium :lol:
tank looks much brighter should have got before and after shots but i guess any one who used the halogens can see the difference
7289998886_3568c90205.jpg

even seems to be a little light creeping to the back corner
7289973864_daf5d492b1.jpg

all the plants were already in the tank and not doing so well apart from the pogo which was a new addition if the plants do ok i may consider redoing the tank in a couple of months

This seems like a great conversion, how does the light bar fit on? Does it fit on the existing halogen bulb arm or did u get the whole thing together from your lfs?

Looks good thanks for the pics. Nice clean looking edge too!!

Will have a look around although I've been pretty happy with my MR16's so I'm wondering to bother at the moment - If it aint broke don't fix it... a sucker for an upgrade though so can you keep up a journal with your new light?

Any chance of an update on how the new led bar affected plant growth?

:)

Thanks for that.

It's a good job I asked, I was tempted towards an upgrade before you said that. I'm having enough of a headache with my big tank to make another job out of a tiny one! I think I'll try scaping under the halogens first and see how I get on.

Thanks for the heads up! :D

no worries, the only downside to the halogens is the light spread and heat issues i do prefer the spread from the led bar i think they do one for the 23ltr with less leds. definately worth trying the tank out for a while i got so p****d off with my first edge i chopped the top cover glass off it to try and clean it :lol:

no worries, the only downside to the halogens is the light spread and heat issues i do prefer the spread from the led bar i think they do one for the 23ltr with less leds. definately worth trying the tank out for a while i got so p****d off with my first edge i chopped the top cover glass off it to try and clean it :lol:

:O

I wouldn't even know how to go about chopping the lid off...but I can understand your reasoning, I've come close to throwing it out of the window already!

I'm still gonna try and plant it up as it is. I'll heed your warnings though. May take some strategic thinking...

Reactions: tim
Back