• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 88g

Matt Havens

I have recently purchased a Fluval 88g System.

I have read up on it and apparently the disposable cartridges will drain my wallet even on a 60L.

I do a little shooting with Air Rifles and use a pressurised (diving bottle) to fill them up with.

I believe it is a 3 litre bottle.

Would I be able to get this firstly refilled with the correct Co2? and would I be able to get an adaptor/converter for it.

I wonder if anyone else has had any experience doing this.

I have read a lot about paintball gun bottles being able to convert but not anything else.

thanks

Matt

I do a little shooting with Air Rifles and use a pressurised (diving bottle) to fill them up with.
This is normally air, if I remember correctly. Thus all the connecting threads will be a different "hand" and size from CO2, so they can't be cross mixed.

So you will not be able to get any adapter.

As well as paint ball CO2 cylinders there are of course Machine Mart welding CO2 bottles (disposable) and of course SodaStream bottles refillable @ 420gr for £10 off. You will of course need a correct adapter and regulator to use these bottles.

you can get a co2 fire extinguisher and get that refilled for about £20. You can probably get a fire extinguisher for cheap on ebay and the shop usually just takes that one and gives you a full, new one and off you go. A 2kg fire extinguisher last me about 3 months on a 200l tank. There is a section on this forum all about it its probably worth a read and there is also a list of known suppliers who exchange them.

Back