• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 407 and Aqua One Oakstyle 230

walkerx

Hi all,

Just got the AO OS 230 which came with its own filter.

On my current tank I have a fluval 407 and found that piping is too big for the AO tank.

Does anyone know if you can reduce piping for the fluval or is it best to just switch media over to new filter and use the new filter instead.

Thanks

Hello - thats quite a big aquarium. How is the piping too big?

Last edited:
Fluval 407 has 17mm outside diameter ribbed tubing. I found on my FX6 the ribbed tubbing worked well as it bends round corners easier than non ribbed tubing.

I would not reduce the tubing size on the filter as it will decrease the filters output. Putting larger tubing on does not decrease the filters output - it just reduces the internal friction in the pipes. Bigger pipes/hoses are just more difficult to run from filter to tank esp if adding reactors, atomisers etc

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I'll try take the tank rim connector off current tank and see if with piping it will fit as the Aqua One filter tubing is half the size, but it just looks big for the gap because how it is on the new tank (so I could be wrong and it fits perfectly).

@Zeus.
I wasn't planning on reducing the piping, ideally want my 407 working on it as I don't think the Ocellaris 850 is suitable for a 230L tank while the 407 should be more than ample for it.

Attachments

• 20240824_091855.jpg
    20240824_091855.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240824_092251.jpg
    20240824_092251.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 10
Back