• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 3.0- any good

alanchown

Has anyone used the Fluval 3.0? I like a gizmo!

Is it any good? Is one enough for a tank? I have the Chihiros A series at present and had to buy 2 as the spread was not great.

Alan

I have one.
You can fiddle with all the different colours..but I just have everything on full blast.
Mine is 2ft off the substrate..behind a glass inner lid.
Plants like it,which is all I care about.

I have one and it seems to work great. The only draw back is the lack of customisation in the light periods - you basically have ramp up, day, ramp down, night. You can set the time/duration and colour for those - which is great the app works well, but you can't, for example, have a split light period, or a period of blue light in the evening before total off.

I have a 200L 100CM tank- would 1 be enough? As I say I was a bit disappointed with the 'spread' of light on the Chihiros and the light is very 'white'. I'm redoing my tank with a view to keeping Dwarf Rainbowfish and was thinking the this may give off a 'nicer' light. I have planted some Rotala so bright light is necessary.

I have a 200L 100CM tank- would 1 be enough? As I say I was a bit disappointed with the 'spread' of light on the Chihiros and the light is very 'white'. I'm redoing my tank with a view to keeping Dwarf Rainbowfish and was thinking the this may give off a 'nicer' light. I have planted some Rotala so bright light is necessary.

Would depend on the height and width of the tank, the spread is 120 degrees.

My rotala do ok with it

Attachments

• 20181107_132603.jpg
    20181107_132603.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 163
Claiming is not "proving":):)

They said they took the fluval and the tri spec 2 to a customer that had a huge tank the fluval couldn't reach the substrate properly but the tri spec2 did no problem. I believe the tri spec 2 can also be used for marine tanks and coral. :)

Back