• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flowering Anubias

MichaelJ

One of my Anubias is flowering... Any idea how long I can expect the flower to last?
AnubiasFlower.jpg

Underwater they don't last anywhere near as long as they do above water. I think from memory that they can look good for a week or so before they begin to decay. If you are lucky you might get a couple of weeks but as soon as they begin to decay I find shrimps or snails eat them (it could be that without these inverts that they would last much longer but what im seeing is actually the flower being eaten slowly by them).

Mine last for about a week, then I dead head them. Look pretty cool when you multiple flowers

Thanks for the replies. A couple of weeks at best - well, I will enjoy it (and hopefully more) for as long as it last.

Mine last for about a week, then I dead head them. Look pretty cool when you multiple flowers
Yes, that was my next question. If I should just cut it down when it starts to die off.

Cheers,
Michael

If you are lucky you might get a couple of weeks but as soon as they begin to decay I find shrimps or snails eat them (it could be that without these inverts that they would last much longer but what im seeing is actually the flower being eaten slowly by them).
Hi @mort , Right, looks like I don't even have to wait for it to decay before the snails are on it :D

snailOnAnubias.jpg

Back