• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flow around the tank and drop checker

Wallace

Tank : Juwel Vision 180

Now you'll have to excuse my rather poor little sketch, I've just knocked it up on my iPad.

9d7f80f8.jpg

The water is pushed diagonally from left to right across the top of the tank from the Fluval 205, and diagonally down through the tank from right to left from the Tetratec. I placed my diffuser underneath the 205 intake in the hope that alot of the misted Co2 would be taken in and then thrown out across the other side of the tank, and then whatever wasn't sucked up would be pushed down across the tank directly at the planted area by the EX700. That's not really happening, I mean whatever isn't sucked up tends to flow straight up the back glass of the tank, and then begins to flow towards the centre of the tank where it is pushed by the EX700 spraybar.

Would there be a better way for me to get better Co2 distribution around the tank only using the equipment I have got?

Also, my dropchecker isn't really turning a lime green at all. I have the gas coming on 2 hours before lights on, at a rate of 3/4 bps. I'm not overly worried, it would be nice it it was lime green, but is that down to not enough gas or not enough flow?

Thanks in advance

Confused of Surrey

spyder said:
Ignore bubble rates. Some may run lower counts but it will vary from setup to setup depending on equipment used. I run with an Up Inline and about 8-10 bps on a rio 125.

Also you will lose a lot of flow momentum the way you are setup. Check this thread for more details.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20097

Ok thanks, so basically me placing my shortened spraybar from the Tetratec along the right hand side of the tank was a bad idea. I'll dig the other half of it out and refit, but this time I'll move it to the back glass so it sprays from back to front to see if that helps.

Thanks

Adam

Ok so I have now fitted the other half of the Tetratec spraybar, and repositioned it along the back glass. I also moved the 205 outlet so that that now faces the front glass more, rather than the front right corner of the tank.

The flow seems to be much better around the tank, and the drop checker is virtually lime green by the time the lights come on.

Thanks for the advice spyder, much appreciated

Adam

Back