• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Floating plants not healthy

Neil6

Any ideas why only my floating plants look like this? All other plants look good. Co2 drop checker is lime green. WRGB lights are on for 7hours at approximately 90%. Fertilizer- macro/ micro. Dosing daily as calculated by estimated index.
Well established tank about a year old heavily planted.
Cheers Neil

16262459779873658919253771406909.jpg

Likely a lack of nutrients rather than co2 related as it will have an unlimited supply of co2 from the air.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Likely a lack of nutrients rather than co2 related as it will have an unlimited supply of co2 from the air.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Any idea what nutrient is causing it?

Hi all,
Any idea what nutrient is causing it?
It looks like it may have been iron (Fe) deficiency, <"but a while ago"> and that iron is now available again, because the new leaf looks healthy.

Have you changed your fertiliser recently?

Because <"iron isn't mobile within the plant"> it takes a while for new healthy leaves to grow. The plant can't repair the old leaves and these never improve.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

It looks like it may have been iron (Fe) deficiency, <"but a while ago"> and that iron is now available again, because the new leaf looks healthy.

Have you changed your fertiliser recently?

Because <"iron isn't mobile within the plant"> it takes a while for new healthy leaves to grow. The plant can't repair the old leaves and these never improve.

cheers Darrel
I think both fertilizer Dosers where dosing on the same day. Doesn't it lock up the iron if you put macro and micro fertilizer in together?

Back