• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fixing TMC Grobeam to Juwel 54l Tank Hood ?

kellyboy47

Hi,

I have a TMC Grobeam which currently is attached to brackets on my Juwel Korall 54l tank but because the tank is in the garage outside (she who must be obeyed wont let me have another tank indoors) it gets rather cold at present and I was wondering whether any members had ever attached one of these Grobeams to one of these particular hoods. The hood is fitted with a T8 lamp which obviously I can remove but the monolux hood is a sealed unit and I didn't know I would cause any damage by screwing into it?...Any advice would be appreciated

I cant really find a good pic online of the inside of the lid so its hard to say, but I presume any holes into a cavity will allow water into the electrics. How hot does the grobeam get? a towel or tarp might work to keep some heat in, although clearly not as refined :p

You can also get a piece of glass and some clips to fit on top of the tank, with the grobeam shining through it

Not in that hood, but I've mine in an AquaOne hood, I unscrewed what I could and removed the existing electronics (taking a pic first in case I ever want to put them back) then I've just held the grobeam in with a couple of cable ties through existing holes in the metal work. It's tough without seeing the hood - maybe you could share a couple of photos?

Back