• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fixing Steel Mesh

I have a couple of stainless steel mesh filters, the ones with the rubber ring by AE. They're a bit fragile and managed to break them probably because I put them on plastic intake pipes. I know have glass and they seem to fit on a lot easier.
I was thinking of trying to glue them back together probably using aquarium silicone but my missus brought a glue gun back from work, just wondered if I could use it without any toxic effects?
BT8Wm3P.jpg

This is the type, is it glue or just melted plastic? Was thinking of soaking it afterwards for a week or so.

I would think it would be fine, 99% of modern glues & paints are inert when cured.
Apart from underwater use, I use hot melt glue guns all the time on various projects but, mainly as a temporary tack while the project is structurally bonded with high strength glues.

Thanks mate. I'll have a crack at it later.

Worked a treat, in fact really good for the job I would recommend anyone who has broke one to do it. The glue that holds these things together is very poor. Put a bead around the rim and re-insert the mesh gets a really good hold.

Back