• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fitting Aquario Neo Flow lily pipes to ADA SuperJet ES-

sbishop1488

Hi,
Just got myself an ADA SuperJet ES-150 for my 45F shrimp tank (I know silly money but compared to some hobbies I’ve had it’s surprisingly cheap 😂) and although it comes with some stunning glass lily pipes I’m not a massive fan of glass after having numerous sets break on me other the years so I’ve decided to go with the plastic Aquario Neo Flow set since the skimmer also doesn’t suck shrimp into the filter and I can cut the pipes to fit. The ES-150 has a standard 12/16mm inlet but a 10/12mm outlet which is smaller and wondered if I could just use an adaptor in-line to fit the hose? I guess I would want to do this as close as possible to the tank since it will affect pressure on the outflow of the filter and reduce flow a bit? It’s a shrimp only tank so not concerned to much about a loss in flow but just wondered if anyone had done something similar. Anyway thoughts and input appreciated. Many thanks 😊

You would want to add the adaptor as close to the filter as possible because that way you will avoid the sight of it next to the tank. Second, having the big section hose longer is favorable to the flow,... by a bit.
Question: are you going to use taps on those hoses? If yes, then you can have the reduction on them and that way it will look very smart.

Thanks for your reply. I have purchased the 10mm and 12mm Eheim double taps since I wanted keep maintenance nice and easy. That’s a good point I think you can connect different sized double taps together so 10mm in and 12mm out to the tank, that would work perfectly if possible. I do plan to have a Hydor in-line heater to keep the tank nice and clean so I’ll put this on the inlet to the filter.

Back