• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish Tank Kings

Fish Tank Kings anybody been watching this on nat geo? Haven't seen it yet but set up a reminder.

Prepare to be dissapointed lol ... thread running on this already its not great.

PLASTIC CORALS!! have not seen a sunken pirate ship yet.

Its worth watching for the comedy factor and the occasional interesting bit ... but very dumbed down american scripted rubbish overall.

Ahh ok never noticed the thread. Was preparing to be disappointed already to be honest. Don't know what's wrong with documentaries on Sky at the minute. They seem to be all based on family firms who are always arguing and seem to go more commercial every time. Supposed it's a break from sharks and nazis though :D

If you want to be double amused 'tanked' is currently showing also!
Pretty similar format. Worth a watch if anything aquatic floats your boat, if only for the impressive custom tanks they manufacture.

My sentiments exactly somethingfishy :clap:
I sat back to watch my very first episode, my jaw dropped when the 'experts' suggested ripping out a customer's authentic reef and replacing it with an artificial reef, plastic coral & three fish :crazy: . Absolutely disappointing show :thumbdown: , all they seem to do is argue about plastic :lol:

I agree.. the 'tanked' is good comedy but still the actual planing is poor. I must say I do like watching it on YouTube tho.. they do make me laugh. This is only because its so cheesy and scripted!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I saw one show of each last night, very little substance or science involved but it was ok. Good to see anything to do with fishkeeping making it on to main stream TV. It would be a lot better if they explained what they were doing or how the things were plumbed and filtered. Anyone watching would have thought you could just get marine fish, fill a tank with water and dump them in and away you go.
I suppose that wouldn't appeal to a wider audience though.

Back