• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Fish suggestions for 30l fluval flora

Matt Warner

Hi all, can anyone suggest suitable fish for a fluval flora tank. The tank is 30l. Is this size tank not really suitable for fish or am I better off getting some shrimp. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Betta? I have one in a 30L at the moment and its a pretty good size for just him and his nerite 🙂

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk - so if my post makes no sense you know why!!

Galaxy rasboras maybe? 🙂

A dwarf puffer sounds like it could definitely be an option. Has anyone any experience with them.
Thanks

Ahh, didn't realise you were only after a single fish.. dwarf puffer sounds like a good option

I'm not really too fussed but I've always wanted a puffer but didn't realise you could get a dwarf variety. I always thought they grew really big for some reason!

I've got 2 in a 40L and 1 in a shudder 25L fluval chi. Great little fish, loads of personality and they love a planted tank.

Don't know what the filtration is like in one of those tanks, but just to warn you, for such a titchy fish they don't half make an enormous mess! So the filters got to be up to it 🙂

They are incredibly cute 🙂 I used to keep one in a converted biorb.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk - so if my post makes no sense you know why!!

I don't think they are too messy. No more flake food is great for reducing mess and an oto or two should keep spare BW to a minimum. I've also managed to keep a smallish cherry shrimp colony going with them which are great for keeping the plants clean. Definately worth some thought.

I will have a look at a few shops on the weekend and I may get a dwarf puffer if I can find one.

Back