• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish Shop Tour TGM - Saturday 28th May with pics!

As already said we had a great visit. Thanks to TGm for organising and providing the lovely cakes (Yum!) and for andyh for organising it. The tanks were looking great, especially the 80cm which is moss heaven. Good to meet up with everyone, put some usernames to faces and make some new friends :thumbup:

Unfortunately I couldnt stay all day as I had to work but it was a great visit and bobtasic's scape looks real cool too so sorry I missed that being setup.

Some pics to go along with the great ones already posted

Steve Scaping his comp entry
IMG_4556.jpg

Gaz talking to Tom and Heidi
IMG_4564.jpg

Bogwood (alan) and andyh taking a look at the fish
IMG_4566.jpg

lots of lovely wabi and widescreen ada cube gardens :D
IMG_4568.jpg

The 90cm growing back
IMG_4571.jpg

The excellent 80cm, uber bush and moss!
IMG_4573.jpg

Still chatting..
IMG_4574.jpg

Fish
IMG_4575.jpg

Objects of desire....
IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

Watching steve scape, no pressure!
IMG_4585.jpg

tropica aquacube nano
IMG_4588.jpg

The Nano collection
IMG_4591.jpg

Further into the scape after quarry man steve had sorted through 30Kg of rock to find the best ones!
IMG_4592.jpg

Pics of steves final scape
IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

I'd like to echo what everyone else has said. A great day had by all, the time we spent at TGM absolutely flew by! It was lovely to meet everyone in person. Thanks to Andy for arranging everything and thanks to Jim and the team for, as always, making us feel so welcome.
And on a sad note... I can't believe Bones of the Earth has gone! :'(

Well it's look's like you a very good day guy's,sorry i didn't make i was stuck in traffic on the M6 on friday afternoon/evening and didn't get to bed until 03.20 sat morning :twisted: ,

John.

I HAVE to visit this place soon! Would be a serious road trip but looks worth every mile :thumbup:

56b520e7-550c-a3bf.jpg

So this is what i did with my tgm purchases
Also broke the stem on the diffuser before it had made it to the tank so bit of a bodge for the mo( new one already on order)
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 56b520e7-550c-a3bf.jpg
    56b520e7-550c-a3bf.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 110
I made my 1st visit to TGM the week before, (Fri 20th). Jimmy was very welcoming and makes a great brew.

That 80cm tank was one of my favourites. Lot's of Staurogyne, I had to grab a pot of it whilst I was there and got myself a souvenir pair of wave scissors.

Looks like everyone had a blast, I'll make sure I can attend the next visit. :clap:

Hi All.

Just to echo fellow attendees ... Had a fantastic day ... Many thanks to Jim , Gaz & all the staff at TGM for making us all so welcome :thumbup: :clap: ... I just wish you were a bit closer :sick:
Is it me or did time fly :arghh: .... Didn't find time to meet everyone but it was nice to put a face to the names of those I did meet .... Bobtastic & co in particular - Sorry bob - I can't remember your young lady's name :oops: but thank her again for me :oops:
and I hope we can organise some more gatherings soon :thumbup:

Cheers

Pete

Would there be any doubt that TGM is one of the best shops in Europe, and I only say that because I have not visited Viktor's shop yet. :D

For best shop in the world there is stiff competition, such as the ones in Japan and maybe one or two in the US.

It is for sure a venue that sets the standard.

Back