• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish room New Parosphromenus !

It's a factory! Brilliant job.
Ha, yes, there are about 16 9weeks olds, 20 odd 6week olds and 35 ish at a couple of weeks. the ages are approximate as I put fry that are within a couple of weeks of each other in together. The majority of these are from the most successful pair of adults. The other pair produce few fry and share the same water with the other couple.

Are these all from the fish you got from Colin at the fish hut Lindy? If so what are you going to call them when you eventually pass them on? Do you have any better idea of an ID?
Rod

Are these all from the fish you got from Colin at the fish hut Lindy
Yes they are.

If so what are you going to call them when you eventually pass them on
That is a good question! There is one they look very like in the big book I got from colin but people keep saying bintan group. I don't know if Ishould go out on a shakey limb and say they are what they most look like or just label bintan group. I wish someone could look at one and tell me once and for all what they are! I don't think they are bintan but hey ho...

Do you have any better idea of an ID?
So that would be a big, fat, no.

Any suggestions on how to get them properly identified? I'm going to pm someone on facebook while I remember as he has got David Stricklands fish now which are same as mine.

Hi lindy, one of the reasons I asked is I have a group of 9 of these types of Paros that I also got from Colin same time as david strickland, and I dont know what to do with them? Not having an ID is really bugging me I must admit.

So no further forward with id. The person i contacted said 'undescribed form but very pretty'
The first lot of of fry are 10weeks old.
Available for sale in sale forum
The males are squabbling over the best spots.
6ad739dddaa301d77b6ba3f2ebba08d1.jpg

19b9cf8c25dbcd5d7625f730245b9e54.jpg

Last edited:
The tanks are all matured nicely. Did 2 new tanks for shrimp with environment soil as my existing shrimp tank had stopped breeding. Shifted the shrimp into the new set ups and then gutted the old substrate and redid with akadama.
11e46605cdb73e0ddaa7b655fad100f8.jpg

Set up a pond soil based planted tank for the betta simplex. And after a week of settling in the dominant male is holding eggs tonight.
271e0540ff25d4c33fa45ca83daf3d3b.jpg

7d0097c2bf287c48b7d30d7f5e5160ac.jpg

I have one betta simplex fry survivor, from the last crop, in a breeding box.
e507148ee41c110629cb1cfd9408efb1.jpg

I have noticed some fry in one of the parent liquorice gourami tanks so some fry has been able to survive running the gauntlet with the parents.
Next thing will be to set up a planted tank for a breeding group of betta channoides. Interfering works well with the paros and it is easy to remove their fry before they leave the tube but with mouthbrooders you have to remove the whole parent fish and it is hard to tell whether they have released their fry or if they have eaten them. I have tried removing the male simplex twice and only have 1 surviving fry so will try the natural approach.

Simplex boys been trying to out do each other for best part of an hr. I think this might come down to who tires first.
e6253e732221896308cdeb5f842253fe.jpg

97f36916fbb13dcf1c5baac922f5d3d0.jpg

32dbe1ed6cd876f03d4d76c76f965e82.jpg

85a55c7c97105e247e4f35df40b5d9ba.jpg

I have 2 channoides boys holding. One a young males first batch si he has done well not to eat them.

8e37fa8df5ebb47693b3f7df1e57e788.jpg

Maybe the MODS could move this journal to The fish forum as it isn't really a journal or about plants...:)

I have some nicely marked babies so will try and get some better shots. Also have blue tigers and red tigers so just waiting for them to be large enough to breed to sex them. 4 tanks are now turned over to shrimp using a variety of substrates.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nice! Is the pregnant female in the back a red whine?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1068 met Tapatalk

Yes, she is a Hinomaru wine red. Have some tiny wine red shrimplets recently hatched so excited to see whats in there. The wine red is recessive to black so I've had to mate her with a wine red male to get a higher percentage of wine red babies. got a fair number of blue bolts too and what might be a pink bolt from this shrimps last lot of hatching but still too small to tell.

What water do you use for the shrimp? Normal water with ph-lowering gravel? Or something else?

I use rain water remineralised with salty shrimp. I have environment soil in tank one and have akadama in other tanks. I have used ada amazonia in the past and it is actually cheaper than all the shrimp specific substrates so will be using for next tank that is set up. Akadama is cheapest clay substrate though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm jelous want that want that want that!!! I just spotted 2 blue shadow panda in my tank. I hope they will grow big and het small shrimp

Back