• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape First scape

Valleyglow

Hi. Been fishkeeping for one month but managed to get a few small tanks really cheap so thought I'd have a go at a scape. Stole hardscape from my community tank to make do with. Do you think this is going to require c02? Used the tropica 'easy' plants but obviously got the carpeting plants. What do you guys think for a first attempt?

Attachments

• 20201120_145908.jpg
    20201120_145908.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 190
  • 20201120_145627.jpg
    20201120_145627.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
Hi Valley glow, nice first scape! I won't use CO2, just carbon fertilizer (I use that in my tank, and it works). That trunk has so cool shape at the back. I would cut half those mosses and attached all around, and a bit out of the water on that piece. Good job!

I think I spot some plants that will do better on co2, but you can always try and replace those if they dont grow with something else. Suggestion for a name: 'dab' because that wood looks like its doing a dab ;) Its pretty nice for a first attempt. You planted densely, thats good too.

Back