• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First properly planted tank.

Paul M

Seedling
Hi everyone. I had a couple of tanks about 30 years ago, with varying degrees of success. We bought a small aquarium as a Christmas present for my stepdaughter in 2019 and it sparked my interest again. I discovered the beauty of properly scaped aquaria from various YouTube creators and I was hooked. Spent a few months saving up funds for the kit needed and I finally set up my first scape at the end of October. I'm running a Fluval 80 litre tank with Oase 250 external filter, pressurised CO2 and have it planted with Monte Carlo, S.Repens, Trident fern, H.Pinnatifida, and some Anubias, Crypts and Bucephelandra. Initally stocked with a crew of amano shrimp and 4 otocinclus and then had to wait 4 months for lockdown to ease before adding a school of 10 Cardinals. The wait probably did me a favour because I was able to concentrate on getting things running well and the plants growing nicely without being impatient to add more fish. The plan going forward is to maybe add a few more Cardinals although I'm also considering the merits of adding a second schooling fish.

Back