• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First post, my journey, realisations and re-planning!

This was my first attempt
8410406D-AB00-4988-A54B-B35D4A475912_zpshmenulxb.jpg

Changed slightly to
D179E7BE-9DFF-4F7C-85C5-5897ECA0007F_zpsgxc4khb7.jpg

A couple of the population
B15D2C68-0E1F-4626-9348-097235D3D5E6_zpsji52lcg0.jpg

I've since removed the internal filter and redone the layout. Will get some pictures at the weekend when I'm home.

The replant has added the hippuroides I wanted but couldn't source at the time. I want to grow these out to fill the rear qtr of the tank.

I've basically turned the large rock on its side and moved it into the corner. This has allowed me to fill in behind it with substrate to create a more layered structure. I'm going to break up some of the smaller rocks I have to try and further this by building some more planting areas.

Away this week so will order the co2 and light so that they are there when I get home on Friday

Bugger. Popped out for a few hours this afternoon and have gassed all my fish. Very upset :(

Bubble counter was leaking so had set it at 1bps and then taken it out. Drop checker had been holding green but was a firm yellow when I got home.

Will sort a replacement bubble counter tomorrow from co2art as this one has leaked since it arrived. It was cheap and nasty so will swap for a better one.

I guess I can now put time to getting my co2 right without worrying about the fish. :(

Back