• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First paludarium attempt...

Myrtle

I haven't run a tank for around 8 or 9 years as I just didn't have time for the care and maintenance but I missed my planted tanks. Hopefully, with an ultra low tech paludarium, I can get the pleasure without the work!
The right hand tank has no filter (bar a small pump that feeds the waterfall pulling water through some filter foam underneath the platform), no heater and no inhabitants. I will probably add some isopods though. The tank on the left doesn't even have a pump as it was a hasty home for excess plants (B&Q had a clearance and at £1 each I couldn't say no).
It's all pretty experimental having never built one before, nothing is fixed in case it all needs ripping apart in a month!

All in all, the total cost for both tanks was £40 £23 on plants, £10 for the pump and £7 for some tubing! The wood and rocks were in a skip at work, I had the tanks already and the lights were given to me yesterday,
20211031_174208.jpg

Back