• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape First big tank scaping

Durins

1000009479.jpg

Hello all, this is my first big tank at 120cm, and first I've actually gone in with an idea. This is also after about an hour of tweaking to resemble somewhat what i think is close to a final look. Going for the 2 island sorta look using root wood and dragon stone. To start I will be getting more sand to cap and creat a better raise from front to back. I will be replacing the old fluorescent lighting with an led from twinstar and I also have a whole bunch of broken up fragments of dragon stone I'll incorporate as detail pieces. The substrate is somewhat of an MD inspo with seachem flourite as the base, a layer of aquatic soil and then capped with natural sand. It will be heavily planted with crypts, echinodorus, loads of stems and then a bunch of epiphytes for between all the wood and rocks. I also have rotala bonsai and helanthium tenellum for details in the foreground and between the two islands. If there is any other info you guys need lemme know and honestly any suggestions will be taken with gratitude.

Back