• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire Extinguisher

Hi I've been offered loads of 2kg and some 5kg FE's by a local company in Warrington

What is the going price people are paying ?

Cheapest 2kg refill I've found is £20

Regards
Dean

£20 for a refill...Thats a bit steep.... Place in Glasgow where I bought a 2KG FE 9 years ago will refill it for £5 which will give me a further year or swap it for a new 10 Year one for £25

I paid £25 for a new 2kg CO2 extinguisher delivered to me, so £20 seems a bit on the pricey side.

It is pricey...I think now it's cheaper to just buy a new one and trade in the empties...just like the fizzy pop man in the bad old days.
I tend to bulk buy and store them to get the best deal. I think last time I got 4 x 2 kgs for £50, delivered.
Try to find a local fire extinguisher installer. Once they know it's for an aquarium they will often cut you a good deal.
...Easy money; no installation and no certificates etc.
Sometimes they will offload out of date extinguishers for nothing or very little...it costs them to dispose of them.

P.S. although you could still try this as well http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/co2-refills.4258/

Last edited:
Ive found a guy willing to sell me 2kg ones that are out of date as they just Exchange them for new ones
Happy to pass on to anyone who wants them
He wants £12 each
or 5 for £50

Regards
Dean

I'll take a 2kg FE for £12 if youre selling? I'm in Urmston so not too far to meet if you're ever passing?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Back