• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher set up?

Brian Murphy

I got my 2kg fe refilled today and the fella thru in a 5kg and another 2kg to keep me going for £20! I tried to find out more about the difference of keeping the core in the fe and taking it out and how to avoid the big dump of co2 at the end of cylinder. He says my 2kg fe was only half empty meaning im not using all the co2 and was wondering why that was and is this common? Is there a way round it?

Eotd can be stopped with a dual stage regulator. co2 art sell a secondary stage reg that bolts to your existing reg. to stop this happening. I'm quite surprised your fe still had liquid co2 in it. Eotd usually occurs as the cylinder pressure lowers, which doesnt happen untill the liquid has gone, and seems to be more of a problem with larger tanks.
Removing the liquid co2 pipe should make very little difference with the small volumes of co2 which we use, i dont think i've read about anybody who has destroyed a reg by getting liquid co2 into it

I have just changed back to the fe after using the back up 'sodastream' set up, so will keep and eye on it this time and check the readings on the gauge. It isn't that old of a reg and bought from co2art less than a year ago, but like the look of the dual stage. What are the main differences in the 2 stages?

Back