• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire extinguisher problem

GreenNeedle

Hello, been searching everywhere but can't find an answer to my problem.

I have an azoo dual gauge regulator with the solenoid and needle valve attached. This is one of those 'preset' regulators and is about 5 years old.

Noticed tonight the CO2 was still coming into the tank after the solenoid should have shut it off. Turned the plug on and off and the solenoid isn't clicking. That isn't my problem though :)

To sort the solenoid out I need to cut off the supply of CO2 to the regulator and there is the problem. I cut my tape around the levers and the 'valve' under/inbetween the lever(s) seems to release. It presses down when the levers are squeezed and pops up when they are released however the CO2 is still going through the regulator. The bottle pressure remains the same too.

Have been watching it for 2 hours now. How long should it take for the regulator to empty? or is my fire extinguisher stuck on and the valve not shutting off the supply when the levers are released?

Can't take the reg or solenoid off until I get this sorted (or empty the extinguisher totally)

Any ideas?

Andy

Just open the needle valve all the way, the CO2 stuck between the regulator and the close FE will escape.

I did have the needle valve open wide :) The problem was something to do with the valve on top of the fire extinguisher which wasn't releasing properly when I opened the levers. I endeed up squeezing and unsqueezing quite a few times before eventually the cylinder pressure gauge started to drop and eventually emptied so alls well that ends well.

Onto the solenoid its caput. Turn it on and off and not even getting slightly warm or clicking or buzzing or anything. I think its a power problem there. Took the valve out cleaned inside it, stretched the spring a little but no click or anything so bought a new one :)

Now the next problem. The solenoid is stuck solid to the reg. Tried a forged steel spanner on the little brass connection and my stillys on the solenoid trying to get it off and it snapped one side of the steel spanner straight off. lol The azoo regulator isn't one that you can put in a vice or anything like that. Its design has lumps front and back so you would struggle to get it to stay put in a vice and would smash the gauges off when moving it.

The needle valve came off easy enough though so I may have to screw the new solenoid straight into the exit of the old one and leave the old one inactive. probably take the spring out incase it decides to start working again.

All sorted. Fixed a new solenoid inline after the broken one and up and running again :)

Back