• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Finished, but looking for critique or advice on next steps.

Durins

To preface this is purely to ask opinions on the aquascape and where I could improve/add. I am not a newbie in fishkeeping and am aware of how to fish in cycle, I have opted to try out Nitrico Goop and see if the reviews (including people on here) hold up in it's success. I contacted Goop with the tank size and stocking plan and they sent me an appropriate pouch, I must say customer service is quick and helpful. I will obviously monitor ongoing and act appropriately. Apologies for the lengthy intro but I am aware that some people MIGHT jump to conclusions and bash my fishkeeping rather than the topic at hand.

So I have installed the new lighting, and finished the planting on my first 120cm tank. I am just looking for any critique on where I could add plants or change things. I'm aware the main thing now is just time. There is relatively heavy planting of stems behind the two islands, 3x Limnophila hippuroides 3x Ludwigia Palustris Super red and 2x myriophyllum mattogrossense. I will continue to trim and replant to fill out any spaces behind rocks, the same with the Rotala bonsai and Helanthium tenellum that is planted around the rocks, also trimming and extending of the christmas moss along branches.

Other than that I'm not sure where else I could go with this, I wanted to keep it somewhat open in the front and keep some sandy areas both for the corys and rams as well as viewing pleasure. This is where I'd like some more critique/ideas to try and make it feel 'fuller', or is this now just a game of patience? My only other thoughts are possibly moving the tenellum and rotala more foreground around the rocks and then incorporating some leafy midground plants such as other echinodorus or crypts? That way it might contrast against the stems/grass in the background and foreground without majorly obscuring the entire back half of the tank.
Anyway sorry for the ramble thanks anyone in advance.

Attachments

• Z62_5976.JPG
    Z62_5976.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • Z62_5977.JPG
    Z62_5977.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • Z62_5979.JPG
    Z62_5979.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Z62_5978.JPG
    Z62_5978.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Helanthium tenellum

If its is Helanthium tenellum 'Green' Watch it like a Hawk, even with a low tech tank it can grow like mad and take over and be everywhere, If it is Helanthium tenellum 'Brown' then thats another story as it isn't as aggressive.

On the whole tank looks well, well done :clap:

If its is Helanthium tenellum 'Green' Watch it like a Hawk, even with a low tech tank it can grow like mad and take over and be everywhere, If it is Helanthium tenellum 'Brown' then thats another story as it isn't as aggressive.

On the whole tank looks well, well done :clap:
Thanks for the advice, I believe it is in fact Helanthium tenellum green so I'll be sure to watch. It makes sense as the pot it came in was thick with runners. It might actually help to fill out some of the gappy bits.

But thanks! I put a lot more thought into this one than ever before so I appreciate it.

Back