• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Finally got the plants in.

Ben Cox

So after about 4 weeks of dark start and a couple of water changes to get rid of the tanins, I have planted. This is my first tank for many years and definitely my first 'scape.

The tank is a Scaper 140 with a Fluval 307 and an Oase Crystal Skim 350.

I'm happy with it so far, this photo was taken the day after planting so still plenty of growth to go yet. I plan on introducing CO2 in the future.

So far have stocked with 3 Corys, 3 Otos and 7 Cherry Shrimp.

IMG_2626.JPG

That looks cracking! Very inspiring for me on my journey, too. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

How are you finding the Oase Crystal Skim 350? Thought about one, then wondered if they actually did anything?!

That looks cracking! Very inspiring for me on my journey, too. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

How are you finding the Oase Crystal Skim 350? Thought about one, then wondered if they actually did anything?!
I think it's a great bit of kit. I've had it running for a couple of days and it seems to be doing a great job. I would say that if you have shrimp they do tend to get caught in the intake though. I only introduced my shrimp yesterday and it picked up 3 of them over night. They cannot get right in as there is a shrimp guard on it, but I have ordered a timer plug to switch it off occasionally to allow them to get out.

IMG_2668.jpeg

Little update. Plants are coming along nicely. Had to trim the Wisteria the other day.

Looking really nice! The wisteria grows at a rate of knots
OMG tell me about it. I trim it pretty much every week.

IMG_2855.jpeg

It’s maturing nicely now. The crypts are looking great. And I have an abundance of Red Cherry Shrimp 🤣

Looking superb, mate. Going to add any more fish?
Believe it or not there are about 25 tetras and about 8 harlequin rasboras in there now. Although they seem to hide a lot ☹️
Nice looking tank! Can you list the plants?

Anubias bonzai
Bacopa crenata
Bucephalandra sintang
Cryptocoryne wendtii - Brown
Eloecharis acicularis
Hygrophila difformis "Wisteria"
Ludwigia sp. "Mini Super Red"
Microsorium pteropus "Javafern"

Pretty awesome 😍 to pull off a beautiful scape straight off the bat and with the first attempt....
Great skills with detail👌
That hint of red is the right amount to add a splash of color [luwigia or macrandra]
Thanks mate. Yeah it’s Ludwigia Mini Super Red

Its looking great Ben! nice composition - crypts are looking amazing!

What sand/substrate are you using?

Cheers,
Michael
Thanks. It’s Tropica Substrate capped with a fine sand from my local store. Can’t remember the name.

Back