• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

filtration question

Rony57

Hi, i'm new here. i just set up a new 60 cm aquarium. 60x30x35 high, i bought eheim 2215 which is sufficient enough but i also added a eheim 2213 sub filter, plus a chiller.... so now the power of filtration is very soft... not sure how many liters per hour, but VERY soft, .
so my question is, what can i do to improve it... the seller told me to get a narrower filter outlet which will make the water output a little stronger... does anyone have any recommendations.. thank you

so i have the eheim filter 2215 or 350. the sub filter is another eheim the smaller version 250 without the motor but full of media to lower ph.. they mentioned since i will have a shrimp tank red bees. it will be good to have all this media etc etc.. meanwhile the power of the filter went down alot..

I would look to put your chiller on a seperate loop. You have too much on one pump causing the flow to drop. The pre filter is probably over kill but easier to keep clean. You can get inline pumps to just run the chiller on its on loop.

i just realized.. an inline pump, how would that work? will it go on and off same time as the chiller goes on and off?
Pump runs 24/7 and the chiller will come on and off as required. Chiller needs flow i guess or it wont be recording tank temperture just water in the pipes. I doubt it will run without flow anyway

Back