• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter recommendations for ADA 60H first aquascape

Bonobo

Hi All, Just getting things ready for my first aquascape, I have an ADA 60H tank (60x30x45cm) 81L and need a suitable filter, is the Oase Thermo 100 a good option? I like the idea of an external filter with built in heater to keep the tank space simple and clean looking. I would welcome any other options you can recommend.

Hi,
I have been running an Oase Thermo 200 on a 40cm cube and while I had to slightly reduce flow I feel it would be a more suitably powered filter for the dimensions of your tank.
Cheers!

Hi,
I have been running an Oase Thermo 200 on a 40cm cube and while I had to slightly reduce flow I feel it would be a more suitably powered filter for the dimensions of your tank.
Cheers!
I think so too, also the 200 has 16/22mm outlets which match the glassware that i have

Hi All, Just getting things ready for my first aquascape, I have an ADA 60H tank (60x30x45cm) 81L and need a suitable filter, is the Oase Thermo 100 a good option? I like the idea of an external filter with built in heater to keep the tank space simple and clean looking. I would welcome any other options you can recommend.
The Oase FitoSmart Thermo 100 will not provide enough flow for a 80l tank if you are planning to inject CO2. You should consider at least the FitoSmart Thermo 200. A better alternative is the Oase BioMaster Thermo 250. It is quite similar to the FitoSmart Thermo 200 in terms of volume and flow but has a different design, which is easier to maintain, and includes an independent pre-filter circuit, which will save you a significant amount of maintenance time. Alternatively, you can consider one of the smaller Eheim classic filters (such as the EccoPro 300 without heater or the professional 250T with heater). The FitoSmart requires quite frequent maintenance due to its design.

Note that you should aim at ~10x flow (~800 l/h in your case) if you are planning CO2 injection. You will get this theoretical flow with the filters indicated above. In reality, the filter will deliver less than half of the advertised flow. As an alternative, you could use a smaller filter combined with a propeller/circulation pump/wave maker to increase the flow and improve water circulation, but that would add a very visible piece of equipment to the tank. If you are planning CO2, you should really aim at maximizing the flow and water circulation.

Last edited:
Back