• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter Inlet - Shrimp

yes you need some cover, either some coarse cylindrical sponges with a hole in the middle, or you can get those fine mesh metal ones of ebay, your choice.

Hi, up until recently I worried about the inlet. I don't worry anymore I worry more about the hydor shrimp blender 900 I've introduced to the tank:D I cleaned our external today to find over 20 rili shrimp in the base of the 2215. Poured them into a net then back into tank and they soon went about their shrimpy business.:) I've used mesh bits of old fish net also tights before.

Bit of course sponge but a hole down and slip it over or if that is going to spoil your view check out aquarium plant food UK website for shrimp guards. Or fleabay

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm using tights at the moment on my inlet. I find them ok for a couple of days but they seem to clog and reduce flow, so I regularly trying to clean the muck off. Bit of a pain in the ass really, so am thinking about a proper mesh guard in the hope that the slightly larger holes will help to maintain the flow without clogging.

Great, the guard doesn't fit the inlet! Not long enough. Looking at the slits in the glass I can't see how anything could get through it, fry maybe but nothing larger??
a3abusum.jpg

Back