• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter help..

Hi all,
The Ph is something I'm not to I worried about as I'm looking at investing in some peat balls which will naturally bring the ph down and buffer it.
Peat works because it comes from naturally nutrient poor conditions, the cation exchange sites are full of H+ ions, because the sphagnum moss is incredibly efficient at extracting any ions from the water, but grows in rain fed bogs where the only cation present is H+. Your problem is that you need a huge volume of peat to remove all the Ca++ ions from your tap water. The peat will add tannins and humic acids, but realistically will have little effect on the pH.

Have a look at this thread <Looking to lower pH. Seachem Discus Buffer? | Apistogramma.com>, there are plenty of other peat threads as well.

I don't really want to use an internal as I want maximum room inside the tank. So that's why I was wondering If the Eheim Liberty 200 model alone would be perfect.
It is fine on its own, I just like a spare sponge and "belt and braces". I never worry about hiding filters etc. because all my tanks are full of wood and plants, and don't really have any open areas.

cheers Darrel

Anyone used or got the all pond solutions 600lph corner filter?

Just want to know how powerful it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back