• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter for Fluval Edge 23l with betta

Waqar

Hi all,

i wanted some advice on the filter for my planted fluval edge 23l with one male betta.

I currently have an HOB filter that came with the fluval edge. I have decreased the current by blocking the outlet with a foam, given the betta doesn’t like too much turbulence.

I am not however happy with the setup. The nature of HOB filters is that a small area gets more water flow, while other areas do not. Therefore, plants thar far from the outlet are suffering. I’d like to replace the HOB filter with an internal filter with a spray bar, so that there is even distribution of water. I can go with a 200l/h filter but concerned it would be too much for the betta.

Would like any advice on which filter to use.

Have a look at the Dennerle Corner Filter!
This is adjustable regarding flow, plus it has a little spray bar.
https://www.aquasabi.com/Dennerle-Corner-Filter
1593816614930.png

hoggie

I would keep the Hob, as it fits nicely and is Easy to maintain within an edge tank.
I would take out the extra foam you have added. And make a Baffle, that will deflect the flow around the tank better. And stop it being a central flow.
In the past I have used a water bottle cut down to size. And then Cut lengthwise so that it fits onto the lip of the outlet. And thus directs water around the edges of the tank.

Baffle from 1:14

Back