• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter for Betta

jameson_uk

P@H have the Aqua One Aspire 22 on offer for £55 again so figured it was time to get a betta

The filter that comes with it is crap so the shrimp tank I have already has a JBL CristalProfi M Greenline. I have another of these filters I picked up some time ago but not sure if the output flow is too much for a betta.

Sponge filters seem too loud for my liking (I have one driven by an eheim 400 in my quarantine tank).

Thoughts on a decent filter for a betta?

Eden 501? I use it on a 60 liter crystal red shrimp and Otocinclus tank and it works on
Not seen one of those before...
I can only see that is looks to be rated at 300l/h which is probably too much for the 22l / 30cm tank. Is the output adjustable?

I see it comes with a lilly pipe ad spray bar. Presumably the lilly pipe would be better for a betta?

As usual the flow is over-rated, it pumps with all the might of an asthmatic mouse blowing through a thin straw, if it still proves too strong you can use the spraybar and point the holes towards the glass. One caveat, the filter needs to be on the same level of the tank or even hanging on a side of the tank. Lots of folks over here use them for their nano-tanks (it is a local brand)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Diffuse the returning water
Put a sponge over the end

Put the return into a container of some kind and let it rain onto the surface

Get a sort finned betta if you having a high turnover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back