• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ferts with co2

Furgan

Hi,

I’m looking to add a co2 fe once my drystart method has finished. Co2 from co2art.

I’m confused about ferts if they should be used or not. If so any shrimp safe recommendations. I do have easylife carb but from what I’ve learned that’s liquid co2.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as this is all so confusing

180L cube 53/53/56cm
Carpet is Eleocharis Acicularis dry start method, just planted 30th Nov
bucaphalandra
Ludwigia paulustris red
limnophila hippuridoides
bacopa caroliniana
Java moss
Substrate ADA amazonia with power sand under
Led Interpret triple led
Co2
Tetra ex external

looking to stock with yellow KK Shrimp

Depending on the amount of light you need to use CO2, for plant growth ferts are needed too, the more light (and correct levels of CO2) the more food your plants will need. In low light small amounts are needed, in high light larger amounts.

With a tank of 183Litre I would use E.I fertz (these being dry salts) http://www.ukaps.org/index.php?page=dosing-with-dry-salts. As for stocking levels (fish and Shrimps) add those before you add your Co2 gas - I would let your tank settle in before adding the gas.

As for Co2 I would look on ebay for a kit - if I was starting again I would buy a JBL reg or a Dennerle reg, I would not buy a Co2 Art reg as threads on this forum show peolpe having issues with their regs.

Paul

Back