• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fenbendazole, planaria calculating dose.

jaisol

Fenbendazole, planaria calculating dose.

I have Shrimps in the tanks I need to treat.
Two Questions.
1. What dose strength is use to treat tanks with shrimps. xxx mg/l (milligrams per litre) or xxx ug/litre (micro grams per litre).

2. The Maths for making a solution.
I have Fenbendazole granuals that are 22%.
So if I dissolve 1g of them in 1 Litre of water the consentration / stregnth is 220mg/l . Is this correct?

From the internet .. "
3. Measure out your Panacur The dosage is 0.1 gram for every 10 gallons. So a 60 gallon tank would need 0.6 grams of Panacur C. A gram scale will make measuring incredibly easy – I use this in fish keeping all the time to measure out doses. Sprinkle this powder into your tank.

If you don’t have a gram scale on hand, here is an alternate method: Dilute the whole 1 gram packet in 500 ml of RO/DI water. You then dose 50 ml for every 10 gallons of water your tank holds. So a 60 gallon aquarium would be dosed with 300 ml. "

My Calc

So 1 Gallon = 4.5l
45l = 10 gallon
dosage = 100mg / 45l (@ Fenbendazole 22% = 22mg / 45l
1l = 2.2mg Pancur OR 0.48mg Fenbendazole ( Dosage / water quantity)

Using the given Litre mesurments
1000mg / 0.5l = 2000 mg /l .. Intermediate initial dilution
2000mg/1l
1l / .05 = 20 (50ml of 1 litre)
2000mg /20/ 45 = 2.2mg per litre (inital Concentration / amount used / 10 gallons=45 l)

So 2.2mg per litre appears to be the dosage for panacur at 22%.
1g of pancure @22% will treat 500l.

Does the above look ok and make sence?

That website mentions 'grams' rather than 'grammes', leading me to suspect that it's American; in which case those gallons are probably US gallons, which are 3.79 litres.
hth

Sparky, thanks for pointing that out, mmmm it throws out my dosing calculation, both the litre, calc and the gallon calc came back as 2.2mg per liter,
100mg / 38l = 2.6mg

Think I'll keep my fingers crossed someone comes along that knows the right dose of pancur 22% or Fenbendazole per litre.

Thank you aec34, that link was very helpful. I just needed some confirmation that the 2.2mg / l was the right ball park figure.
I'll get my maffs confirmed at work, just want to make sure I have the decimal point in the right place.

Thanks for the info, planarian wiped out my shrimp tank a few years ago, I had no idea they were harmful

Back