• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback on Forum Upgrade

I am using different browsers, currently IE10. When i type a feedback the "draft save" thing driving me crazy. Saving the daft in every 2 sec. And in that time the page stops so i misstype the words and slowing me down a lot. Personally i would remove this feature, but i guess this is there for a reason

When i type a feedback the "draft save" thing driving me crazy. Saving the daft in every 2 sec.
I have disabled that so no message shows up, just the last icon on the last row check the grey arrow to green! ;)

Hi, thought I'd chime in here rather than start a new thread as the recent messages are slightly relevant....

What would you expect to happen if someone were replying to a thread and whilst they were typing their piece, someone else replied to the same thread? I tried to post a reply last night and this seems to have happened. When I tried to post the reply I got an error saying the website was no longer available and couldn't get back to anything sensible to recover my words. A new browser window opened the forum instantly and when I navigated to the thread there was a new message. Don't really know what might have happened if it were something wrong at my end and not such an easy thing to test for....

Cheers, Mike.

Hey Mike,
This has happened to me quite a few times (ie. someone else has posted a message while im typing), but it should just post your message after the subsequent one (ie. the one that was added as you were typing) - it shouldnt really make a difference.
It certainly shouldnt lock out the forum on your browser!

Are you on mobile by any chance?

What Andrew said, thanks! If you are using a desktop/laptop you can recover the message by clicking on the last icon of the first row, the green arrow. It saves whatever your typing for 60 minutes, until you type something else again.

OK, thanks guys. Something else must have happend at my end then. I was doing something in another window, so ie must have become upset.

Cheers, Mike.

Back